Full Stack PHP Web Developer
Greetings! We have an exciting opportunity for Senior-Level Back-End PHP developer who is seeking a full-time, on-site position based near Austin, Texas. We’re looking for a passionate devleoper with ideas that are unconventional, fresh, and smart. You have a hands-on get it done attitude and never hesitate to roll up your sleeves in an instant to show a team member how it’s done.
As the subject matter expert at Spindle 360, you are the ultimate owner of eCommerce development. Duties would primarily consist of developing new Ecommerce sites, writing custom extensions, identifying quality community extensions, and architecting new deployments. Applicants will be expected to provide examples of work, if available, and may be asked to complete a coding challenge.
- Ability to plan and design features effectively per software development best practices
- Work with the web design team to insure websites express visual design intent
- Ability to write clean and well documented handwritten PHP and HTML code
- Experience with MySQL and MS SQL, ability to handwrite basic SQL queries
- Ability to leverage frameworks/CSS to create cross browser compatible mobile responsive web pages
What makes you successful in this role?
- 3+ years of professional web development experience
- 3+ years of experience with PHP
- 3+ Years Experience with OpenCart, Drupal Commerce, Magento, and/or other ecommerce platforms.
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony or Yii
- Strong mobile responsive website development
- Solid understanding of database concepts (MySQL)
- Experience writing and integrating w/ API's
- Ability to work with a team as well as function independently to complete tasks
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in all (or at least most) of the following areas:
- Cross browser testing and troubleshooting of website layouts.
- Ability to rapidly understand new code bases and quickly implement modifications.
- Experience using a variety of APIs.
- Version control systems such as git and subversion.
- DNS management.
- Email systems and deliverability.
- Basic to moderate server admin, including SSH.
- GUI design and implementation
- Information architecture
- Marketing Automation/CRM integration
- IT infrastructure issues (web and application server setup, load-balancing, firewalls, etc.)
- Agile/Scrum/GIT Development