Make a Difference.
Large Loft Space.
Sit Stand Desks.
A Home Away From Home
We spend much of our life at so it needs to be a place that you enjoy. We’re fortunate to have a cool loft space that was converted from a late 1800’s turkey processing plant. Every team member has about 400 square feet of space with an electric sit to stand desk. No cubes! Gone are the days of being glued to your desk. Some of our best ideas and thoughts have come from a chat in the loft or a stroll to the nearby coffee shop. We’re one block off the town square that was voted best in Texas.
A new career awaits. If your mission is to improve the way the world works, then let’s talk.
Have you worked at a company where there are “too many cooks in the kitchen” and you feel like you’re walking through political sludge to make positive change? Here at Spindle 360, everyone plays a big hand in shaping the project and gets credit for it. We believe in the “two pizza” rule: If a team can’t be fed with two pizzas, it’s too big. After all, small teams have built some of the most game-changing technologies. We are building next-generation eCommerce applications and custom configurators using WebGL.
- 3+ years building web applications
- Comfortable in PHP object-oriented programming [or willing to learn it quickly]
- Competent with MySQL-based database concepts
- Solutions-oriented thinking; always looking for the smart solution to a problem
- A passion for staying on top of industry trends and technologies
Proven Skills & Technical Requirements:
- Knowledge of e-commerce data organizations and relationships
- Proficiency with PHP5/7 and MySQL from an OOP perspective
- Proficiency with database schema design
- Working knowledge of GIT / Bitbucket
- Experience optimizing and refactoring application code
- Bonus points for optimizing web server configurations and scaling web applications
- Competent in web integrations, APIs, REST, GraphQL
- A desire to be personally responsible for production-level code
Who will love it here:
Your ideas are unconventional, fresh, and smart. You have a hands-on get it done attitude and never hesitate to roll up your sleeves in an instant to show a team member how it’s done. Our small team members are hand-picked. They are not looking for their next job. They are specifically wanting a smaller company where they are not just a number.
We find and select the most ambitious engineers, creatives and developers so we can build high growth startups together. Over the years, team members have left companies like Dell and Sikorsky to join our small company. Why? Because building a brand and growing a startup is one of the most rewarding, fun, and significant things you can do with your life.